Photobucket

GOOD Morning/Afternoon/Evening to all! To all Canadians, I hope your Thanksgiving weekend is going well - I for one would like to thank you for continuing to Follow The L!!

Here's a treat! NEW ARTIST! Don Von Jovi (loving the name) is a Toronto raised artist who is seriously on his grind! He's definitely something to look out for.
He's got a gift for scripting clever metaphors and his acute attention to wordplay is worth your while to listen to. Don Von has already performed at various shows and open mics through out the city.

...and ladies he's a definite heart throb!!!

A BIT ABOUT HIM:
Raised in Toronto's Glendower Circuit housing complexes at an early age he began soaking in every detail of his surroundings.Inspired to write of his own experiences after listning to the messages of a wide variety of musical styles (Reggae, Soul, & Hip Hop).

"Let the music speak for itself and the rest will follow" - Don Von JoVi

UPDATE Yourself on him @ -
www.futureflavas.blogspot.com
www.twitter.com/DonVonJoVi
www.Myspace.com/MrDonVonJovi
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XobWPqtfYC4 -
Don Von Jovi - The Truth (video)

Photobucket

Fortunately I had the opportunity to get a few questions in with the man...to say the least...he's focused!

L.Adonia: Whats on your playlist right now?

Don Von Jovi: Wow! First off I literally listen to everything so my playlist is definitely very eclectic. Where can I start? I have a little Stevie Wonder, Donny Hathaway, Jay-z, Curren$y, A Tribe Called Quest, Gucci Mane, J Dilla, Notorious B.I.G, Outkast, umm? I can go on for days.


L.Adonia: Facebook or Twitter?

Don Von Jovi: Both. I think it's really cool that I can reach so many people in the comfort of my own home. While I'm in Toronto I'm reaching people in Australia, Jamaica, and Brooklyn simultaneously. That's crazy! I think it's also a must as a new artist to integrate with new technology. It takes my grind to a whole new level.


L.Adonia: What's your mission with your music?

Don Von Jovi: I want to touch people with open honesty. My music is a collage of moods, emotions and thoughts. Music is a universal language. Often times we play something to remember moments of our lives. If only for 3-4 more minutes I want to take you on a journey and bring you into my world.


L.Adonia: Can you identify your style of music with any other current artist right now?

Don Von Jovi: Ultimately I'm a risk taker. I can't identify my style with anyone in particular but I do have a lot of respect for artists creating their own moulds like Kid Cudi, Drake, Wale etc. We're in a time where Music is one big mashup just as the Eighties was. No one sound will define the airwaves, no one genre will be dominant. With less boundaries greater music will be made.


L.Adonia: What can people expect when u drop ur EP?

Don Von Jovi: It's my introduction to the world. My door is now open to you. I'm sharing much more than music. The records on the LP reflect my who I am from a perspective where you can see what I see.


L.Adonia: What artist do you look forward to working with?

Don Von Jovi: Good artists period! LOL but if I could choose one artist for the ultimate collab I'd probably say Jazmine Sullivan. Her voice is a gift. She belts from a place deep in her soul. I'm going to make that happen. Now if we're talking producers!? I have a list too long to mention. LOL


L.Adonia: Where/Who do you draw you're inspiration from?

Don Von Jovi: From the environment around me. From history. From life. Everyday I find myself having a moment of inspiration.


L.Adonia: Where do you see yourself 5 years from now?

Don Von Jovi: Doing what I do now. Doing what my passion drives me to. I definitely see movies in the picture. In front of the camera and behind the scenes. Living, learning and expressing my experiences in some form. 5 years seems like a long time but it really isnt.


L.Adonia: How has being a Hip Hop artist from Canada shaped your music?

Don Von Jovi: Being Canadian and living in Toronto, a melting pot of culture I grew up listening to everything. It's made me appreciate music that much more. Before radio stations like FLOW there were no real " All Urban" stations. As kids we listened to what our parents listened to regardless of the genre. My mother had a diverse collection of funk,soul, reggae, and rock records. I guess I picked up from her.