Mitchelle'l - Inspired, Determined, Ambitious are just a few ways you'd describe this man. His music is turely a breath of fresh air that I guarentee you've been missing in LIFE! Originally from Houston, Texas he's relocated to Atlanta to pursue his music after getting signed to Grand Hustle.

Michelle'l has already been collaborating with countless artist and was featured on T.I's post recent album. Quite frankly when I first heard Mitchelle'l on MySpace I was blown away that Grand Hustle picked up such a soulful singer, completely understood it (the man can really sing) but was still shocked.

Luckily Mitchelle'l took the time to answer a few questions for Follow The L 

continue reading for the interview with Mitchelle'l and listen to Champagne Dreams ft. T.I

L.Adonia: Whats on your playlist right now?
Mitchellel: Well.. I'm really a "classic" type of guy.. I listen to a lot of old music, as well as new music that sounds timeless.. I've never really been one to go w/ the trends because they come and go so quickly.. And that is not the type of artist that I aim to be.. So I would say that my playlist reflects just that.. Artists that were able to incorporate substance in to their music on a level that reached the masses.. Artists such as Marvin Gaye, (My all-time favorite); Bob Marley; 2pac Shakur; and Sade, who's new album I am currently awaiting.. As far as artists from my generation goes, I'm a fan of R.Kelly, the old one, not the new one (lol); Maxwell; Robin Thicke; Alicia Keys; and Melonie Fiona.. And I can't forget Tip, aka T.I.

L.Adonia: What/Who inspired you to be an artist?
Mitchellel
: I'd be lying if I said that women weren't my first inspiration to pursue a career in music.. I loved the attention that it garnered from them, and still do.. But music definitely does run in my family.. A lot of my aunts, uncles, and cousins on my mom's side either sing or play instruments.. However, none of them have ever taken it this far.. So these days, I would say that my family is the biggest inspiration to me.. And the fact that I really love what it is that I'm doing.. I'm truly blessed by GOD to be able to do what I love for a living.. And I don't take that for granted

L.Adonia: Myspace, Facebook or Twitter?
Mitchellel
: My mypace page is www.myspace.com/mitchellelsium
And my twitter page is www.twitter.com/grandhustleboy
I am currently working on a web page, as well as a facebook page.


L.Adonia: What artist do you look forward to working with?
Mitchellel: Well I just recently found out that Nipsey Hussle's father and my father are long time friends.. We both share an Eritrean heritage.. So we'll definitely be collaborating in the near future.. Of course working w/ Tip has been a dream come true.. I would love 2 work w/ Raphael Saadiq; D'Angelo; Sade; and Kanye West to name a few.. However, the people I'd really love to work with the most are already deceased..

L.Adonia: Where/Who do you draw you're inspiration from now?
Mitchellel: I'm mostly inspired by everyday life.. Things I've experienced first hand, and things that directly affect the people around me.. Both positively and negatively.. And sometimes, even movies can provoke thoughts and feelings which can then be interpreted through music.. I'm constantly jotting down lines, thoughts, and ideas for a new song throughout my day.. I've even awaken from my sleep in the middle of the night to write down what was on my mind.. Inspiration may strike at anytime, in any place..

L.Adonia: Where do you see yourself 5 years from now?
Mitchellel: 5 years from now.. I not only see myself being a successful singer/songwriter, but a successful buisnessman as well.. You'd have to be a fool not to soak up the knowledge and the game from savvy buisnessmen such as Jason Geter and T.I. I thrive off of just being in the room as buisness is being conducted amongst the two of them.. And I look forward to applying those very same buisness skills and strategies to my own buisness ventures..

L.Adonia: How did you get with Grand Hustle?
Mitchellel
: Well.. Thats a funny story.. I was at home (Houston, Tx) on my computer, sending out a few "Friend Requests" on myspace.. Not knowing that one of the women I requested was Hannah Kang.. Hannah is the General Manager at Grand Hustle.. The next day she left me a message stating that she enjoyed my music and wanted me to send her a cd.. I had no idea who she was and didn't pay it much mind.. So the day after that, she left me another message stating that she had let a lot of people hear my music and they were impressed.. She also let it be known that it was imperative that i send her the cd.. So I scrolled down the page to see the return address which read.. "Grand Hustle, Atlanta, GA." I then responded by asking her if she worked for Grand Hustle.. In which she replied, "Yeah, I'm the General Manager.. Now can u please SEND THE CD??" Sooo.. Needless to say, I overnighted it.. And the rest is history..

L.Adonia: Whats the craziest thing that has happened to you thus far?
Mitchellel: I can't really say that there's one incident that stands out more so than the others.. Because the whole journey has been crazy from day one, all the way up to this interview that I'm doing right now.. It's had it's ups, downs, twists and turns.. I've had the opportunity to meet and work w/ the likes of Tip, Snoop Dogg, Busta Rhymes, Lloyd, Trey Songz, and many more.. It's definitely been an adventure, and I look forward to each and everyday never knowing what it may bring..

L.Adonia: Who would you compare your style to?
Mitchellel:
 Well, my voice is pretty distinctive all on it's own.. But my style has been influenced by the likes of Marvin Gaye, Al Green, Prince, Curtis Mayfield, Maxwell, D'Angelo, and R.Kelly.. As u can probably tell, my style is heavily rooted in soul..

L.Adonia: Women are asking - Are u single?
Mitchellel: HaHa!! Is that what they're asking?? lol.. Well tell them that I've been in a commited relationship for over a decade now.. She's very jealous and attempts to take up all of my time.. She's always been there for me throughout the years, and she is as beautiful as they come.. Her name is music.. And I'm in love w/ her.. ;-)

Ladies Ladies Ladies.....enjoy his most recent photoshoot below..click to enlarge!