INDUSTRY MAG - Lisa Peezy of Industry Mag had reached out to a few women from Toronto's "scene" and came up with a great idea. She along with her great team of writers are show casting Toronto's Top Power Females. I was lucky enough to have been extended an invite along with Stylus Award Winning DJ Lissa Monet, the gorgeous Bambi Bugatti, my fellow African Sister Kim Davis, the oh-so adorable Ponytailz, HipHossip's Ms.Kemi, the talented Kat, Flow93.5's Jeni, iluvlola.net Lola and of course the {lipstick.boss} herself L.Peezy!

I wasn't actually going to post anything about the photo shoot and wanted to wait for INDUSTRY MAG's official release of the shoot. However, while reading through www.ThisIsYourConscience.com (my dear friend, Lincoln's blog) I came across a post he had done awhile back about the lack of support within Toronto.

continue reading for more [GOODIES]....





In www.ThisIsYourConscience.com post WORD TO TORONTO: Why Don't We Support Each Other? Lincoln Blades writes...


"Looking from the outside in, we’re a multicultural city with such beautiful people, places and cultures. You would swear we would be a “KUMBAYA” type of city…NEGATIVE, we’re far from it.  People are too quick to shut new things down and walk with blinders."

Not that I completely disagree but this isn't entirely true. I'm unable to speak on behalf of the men of Toronto but I can definitely speak on behalf of the women. I for one have felt nothing but support from all the women of Toronto.

Perhaps the women just see the benefits of working WITH eachother rather than against eachother a lot clearly than the men in the city. Point being, the term "screw face capital" isn't the best term to apply to our gorgeous city, Toronto.

here's a sneak peek of the photoshoot