I recently discovered a fairly new nail product called "Shellac". It is a type of gel nail polish that is applied by professionals and uses a UV lamp to dry it within seconds of application. Shellac nails last up to 3 weeks with no chipping and are super resistant. This gel substance can be removed by soaking nails in acetone for about 12 minutes and causes virtually no damage.

continue reading for more...
As previously posted, OPI had released a black "Shatter" nail polish in their collaboration with Katy Perry. This polish has been sold out and on back order almost everywhere for weeks! I recently spoke to an OPI rep who informed me that there will be a new line of OPI shatter released in an array of different colors within the next month. I am VERY excited. For those who are unaware of how it works; the shatter nail polish is meant to be applied over any other dried lacquer. When first applied, it looks like solid black nail polish and within seconds it starts to create a "shatter" effect over your nails. This is due to the repelling forces between the shatter nail polish and the nail lacquer that you have underneath it. It is very cool to see!

I had my nails painted with Ogre-the-Top Blue by OPI (from the Shrek collection)



I added one coat of OPI Black Shatter on top





and this was the result... ;)