I have come to the realization that a lot of ladies are afraid of lip liner. I think when one hears the term "lip liner" they automatically get unpleasant flashbacks of make-up in the 90s. Although I am actually still a fan of that now "passe" look, lip pencils are very useful in creating a modern day appeal.

Applying lip pencil around your lips before applying lipstick will give you a fuller look. Also, if you find it difficult to apply lipstick without going outside of the boarders of your lips, lip pencil is your friend! You can trace the outline of your lips beforehand and avoid any type of lipstick bleeding throughout the day/evening. You can also use lip pencil to fill in your lips completely and then apply lipstick over top of it, this too will prevent bleeding. There are so many different colors and textures of lip pencil that it is very easy to find a shade that matches whatever lipstick you use. I recommend any of the Velvet Matte Lip Pencils from NARS. Although these lip pencils can be used as lipstick, I prefer to use them as an outline before applying my lipstick.

continue reading for more....

My color of the week is : Clinique butter shine Ambrosia dabbed with Morange by MAC

The butter shine lipsticks are extremely creamy and smooth, it literally feels like butter on your lips, I love it. I like to mix it with Morange by MAC to intensify the color since the butter shine lipstick isn't very bold. Check it OUT :)