Solemate;
[sohl-meyt] n.
a pair of shoes with which one has a strong affinity


A while back I had blogged about the Jeffrey Campbell Salvatore shoe that I was quite fond of... Today, I came across these :
I love these ones even more, they are the original idea behind Jeffrey Campbell's Salvatore shoe. It was first created in 1938 by Salvatore Ferragamo for actress Judy Garland. If you don't know who she is, think The Wizard of Oz. Garland played Dorothy. Last year the original Rainbow Platform was re-released for a limited time and I am sure they went quickly. They really do make my heart pitter patter.

I do tend to feel that replicas of original pieces can be seen as insulting to the original artist but, in my eyes, Jeffrey Campbell can do no wrong and I therefore am still in lust with the new rendition of the shoe, and course dues were paid by entitling it "Salvatore".