Annoying, pathetic, desperate and lack of sense are all things that immediately come to mind when thinking of that persistent fellow that will not take "no" for an answer when asking for your number. Seems as though these types of guys are never a dying bred, instead they seem to grow and get more annoying.

The thought of making this problem public (YES I said PROBLEM) came to me when one of my girlfriends told me how she was involuntarily forced to be in the same car with a guy that had simply eliminated "no" from his vocabulary, which is frightening to most woman!

continue for more RANTING...

After listening to her story and doing the whole "SHUT UP! He said what?" I shared my similar experience I had that past weekend. I had ran into someone I've known for a few years now, definitely don't keep in touch, strictly on a hi, bye basis. So apparently he felt that was the day he was going to ask for my number (it's been changed since we last spoke years ago).I gave him that "there really isn't a point" type of look, then he quickly suggested I take his number down. I kept it honest and kindly told him that I probably wouldn't call.

*sighs*

I'm not sure if it's male pride or what have you but he began to follow me, grab my wrist and grit his teeth while repetitively  telling me to take his number down. Fearing for my saftey I quickly brought my phone to my face and said "416..." and he continued to give me the last 7 digits!

Gentlemen, no matter how nice you THINK you seem let me tell you this, No Means No - NOT Try Harder...If you choose to disregard this post - from a woman's perspective this is what you look like....