TORONTO - Late last night I came across this post that Ian Kamau had made on his blog (http://iankamau.blogspot.com/2010/04/really-livin.html) in regards to Canadian Hip Hop, the Rascalz in particular.

I then began to youtube a bunch of videos and reminisce  when I use to make sure I'd tune into Da Mix with Master T. Or when I'd come home from being outside every Saturday at 2pm to catch VIBE on Much Music...those were the days.

After Drake and K'naan's recognition (finally) at the Junos, the academy finally realizing that Canadian Hip Hop is a huge part of Canadian music. Only now in 2010 do they (Junos) want to recognize Hip Hop by finally airing the Rap segment of their award show.

continue reading to be taken back ...

Over a decade later is when Canada wants to shed light on what we've known to be major. Well I guess it's better late than never, I suppose. However, what about those artist like Choclair, Maestro, Rascalz and so on that were denied their opportunity to shine on a much larger platform?

No disrespect to any Canadian artist out now but they most definitely have big shoes to fill and a responsibility to uphold since they are our global first impression of Canadian Hip Hop.

It's frustrating listening to all their songs and for a minute afterwards if felt like Canadian Hip Hop stood still, with the exception of a few very talented people.

I'm happy to see that serious talent is now finally being discovered. Hope you guys enjoy the video line up I got here for you in tribute to '90s Canadian Hip Hop