I think it's fair to say that America's Next Top Model began to slip into irrelevant territory after season 3....right? I mean, how many of you can recall the names (without assistance) of the winners that followed "Eva the Diva"?

continue reading for more on ANTM..

Although the show has successfully maintained a decent amount of viewers, the entertaining quality of earlier cycles began to slowly disappear as seasons came to pass. But I digress, because I've become a born again viewer. This is due to one AMAZING reason: André Leon Talley. Lord, this man is something else. The best way I can summarize him is to say that André is Pope to the church of high fashion, under the guidance of Anna Wintour's scripture. Dramatic, yes, but you get the point. I was initially skeptical of his appearance on the show for fears that producers would water down his character, however, they have done quite the opposite. His airtime consists of over the top Talleyisms, such as "dreckitude", that put Tyra's "smize" to shame.

Moving on to the subject of models, it's no surprise that the contestants this cycle are a bit uninspiring - viewers have surely come accustomed to this aesthetic by now - but I feel there is one girl worth following. Meet Alasia:



Two reasons make Alasia stand out. 1, Her pictures (the above being my two favourites) and 2, Her crazy temper {*cough* Naomi *cough*}. However, the latter may serve as Alasia's downfall, because judging by the fights she's already had with the other girls - including the one shown in next week's preview - it's only a matter of time that her image in the final scene fades into oblivion. But really, who cares? There will always be Pope Talley I to keep things interesting.